Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's been a while

Saturday, June 25, 2011It's been a while!
Hi all,

It is now 4:30 in the morning and I am wide awake. I don't know why that is but there you are. That happens sometimes so what can you do but get up and post a blog.

I know it has been a really long time since I have updated my blog and to tell you the truth I can't say when the last time was. I guess I have just let life get in the way as so many of us do.

I have so may things that I have been doing that I don't know where to start. I guess the first thing to let you all know is that the final draft of my manuscript entitled Secrets in Bethlehem is completed and right now I am doing a little more polishing. I am really excited about it and have already sent out several query letters via e-mail and snail mail. I am hoping to hear back from literary agents in the near future.

In case you haven't heard what Secrets in Bethlehem is about I'll give you a little hint:

Jesse Daniel Messenger is a tow headed, blue eye five year old boy with a smile that could charm the music from a harp . . . and he has been targeted for termination by a group of the world's most powerful men. Why? Because this little boy is the only person on earth that can bring an end to the power The Committee has held on to for over one hundred and fifty years. He, and his new guardians, Travis Brody and Janey Carmicheal, must evade the hit men sent after them by The Committee as well as a stranger with a bone to pick with Travis.

There is heart pounding suspense, thrilling car chases and blood pumping romance! You'll have to read it to find out if Jesse, Travis and Janey survive long enough to find the peace and happiness they all long for.

My best friend, Anna, and I have plans to go to a writer's work shop in Macon GA in August. We are sure the workshop will help us both in our writing.

I have several other projects in the works also but nothing near completion other than Secrets in Bethlehem. I want to get that one on the road to publication before I dive into the next one.

Well, it's been fun catching up with ya'll and I promise it won't be so long until my next post. Hopefully I'll have some exciting news then.

No comments:

Post a Comment